Liquid Flow Meter SLS-1500
Versatile and Robust
Featuring Sensirion’s innovative sensor technology in a robust and compact housing, the SLS-1500 offers a versatile sensing solution for applications in demanding industrial environments and laboratory settings. Sensirion’s modular approach, which allows the liquid flow meter to be combined with several interface cables, ensures an optimal match and simplifies the integration of a liquid flow meter into a fluidic system.
Capable of fast and precise measurements for flow rates of up to 40 ml/min, the SLS 1500 enables close process monitoring. With a typical response time of 20 ms, it measures highly dynamic dispensing processes quickly and reliably. The flow channel inside the liquid flow meter is completely straight, open and has no moving parts. Inert, wetted materials (904L high-performance stainless steel, PEEK, and PTFE) provide outstanding chemical resistance and excellent media compatibility.
The SLS-1500 flow meter in combination with one of the SCC1 sensor cables offers a modular solution with a suitable electrical interface for almost any environment:
- The SCC1-USB sensor cable provides a plug-and-play connection to a PC for operation with Sensirion’s viewer software or user-built programs for laboratory and desktop applications.
- The SCC1-RS485 sensor cable featuring a stable RS485 interface and including advanced functionality such as dispense volume totalizer, automatic dispense detection, and data buffer for asynchronous read-out is designed for demanding industrial automation environments.
- The SCC1-Analog sensor cable and SCC1-Current 0-20mA sensor cables allow simple and quick readings or integration into generic controller systems without programming. In addition to a 0-10 V analog voltage output, the cable provides a configurable digital (high/low) output that can be programmed to act as a flow switch or pulse output.
- RS485, USB or 0-10V analog voltage output
- Fast response time of 20 ms
- Flow rates of up to 40 ml/min
- No moving parts
- Completely calibrated, linear and temperature-compensated output signal
- Compact size
- Wetted materials: 904L high-performance stainless steel, PTFE, and PEEK
- Analytical instruments
- Biomedical devices
- Industrial automation
- Fuel cells
For quick and easy testing, a ready-to-use kit is available. Together with the provided software, it enables a plug and play connection of the sensor to a PC. The SLS evaluation kit can be ordered from our distributors.
Software and Drivers
- Datasheet SLS-1500
- Datasheet SCC1- Analog Sensor Cable
- Datasheet SCC1- RS485 Sensor Cable
- Datasheet SCC1 – 4-20 mA (0-20 mA) Analog sensor cable
- Quick Start Guide Liquid Flow Meter Kit
- Application Note Chemical Resistance
- Application Note Cleaning and Clean Handling
- Application Note Sensor Ports and Tubing Connections
- Application Note for Dispense Volume or Flow Rate Correction
(if you are working with different media
- The SLS-1500 sensors rely on a thermal measurement principle. Therefore, they are sensitive to the thermodynamic properties of the fluid. For details see CMOSens® for Liquid Flow Meters.
- The SLS-1500 Liquid Flow Sensors are 100% factory calibrated, for H2O and IPA. However, they can also be used to measure fluids different from H2O and IPA in terms of thermodynamic properties by choosing the calibration most closely matching your fluid and following the instructions in the Application Note for Dispense Volume or Flow Rate Correction.
- Please see the SLS datasheet for the specific pin-out of the sensor.
- There are additional operating guidelines and application notes available on request (e.g. on I2C, installation guidelines, …).
- The maximum flow range of the sensor is specified such to achieve a laminar flow at the position of the micro thermal chip. Use tubing and fluidic connection material with at least the same inner diameter as the one of the flow channel.
- Start testing the sensor horizontally mounted. This is the orientation it has been calibrated in.
- The sensor is susceptible to ESD damages. During handling and testing, suitable ESD precautions must be taken.
- After ending your measurements, make sure to always store the sensor’s flow channel clean and dry in order to maintain a high level of performance. This avoids the growth of a biofilm or other deposits which will impact the sensor’s reading the next time. To do so, always drain the fluid, flush with a suitable cleaning agent and blow out with air or allow to air dry.
- For details please see the Application Note Cleaning and Clean Handling
Liquid Flow Meter Kits
For quick and easy measurements with all SLI, SLS, SLG, or SLQ liquid flow meters, the respective flow meter kits can be ordered from our distribution partners. The flow meter kit provides everything you need for plug-and-play setup and is the first choice for initial evaluation of our technology in your application.