Liquid Flow Meter LG16
For Integration into Instruments and Other Closed Systems
The LG16 liquid flow meters offer Sensirion’s CMOSens® microsensors in a compact and stripped-down housing for integration into instruments and other closed systems. With five different flow ranges, calibration options for different media (H 2O and/or hydrocarbons), and digital I2C interface, the LG16 liquid flow meters offer a comprehensive solution for measuring low and ultra-low flow rates. All subtypes feature the strengths of Sensirion’s liquid flow meters: fully calibrated digital flow sensing, inert wetted materials (glass, PEEK, fluoropolymer), fast response times (down to 40 ms and below), and low power consumption.
They offer the ideal solution for measuring highly dynamic fluidic processes, closed-loop control of microfluidic systems, bead and droplet count, or bubble detection. The 5 subtypes cover maximum flow rates from 1.5 µl/min by the smallest version (LG16-0025) up to 10 ml/min (LG16-2000) for water and aqueous solutions. With hydrocarbon liquids such as oils, organic solvents, fuel, or lubricants, flow rates up to 80 ml/min can be measured (see LG16-2000HC-D).
The LG16 liquid flow meters have their largest benefit when integrated into an instrument or a closed system. For standalone applications, laboratory setups or bench-top testing, please have a look at our SLx liquid flow meters with their robust interface for plug-and-play operation.
For quick and easy testing, the corresponding SLG or SLI ready-to-use kit is. Together with the provided software, it enables a plug and play connection of the sensor to a PC. The corresponding SLG/SLI evaluation kit can be ordered from our distributors.
- Highly integrated: Linearized, temperature-compensated and fully calibrated digital output signal (I2C) from a single chip
- Calibrated for water and IPA up to +/- 40 ml /min
- Turn down ratio 200:1 or better
- High speed measurement: Response time below 20 ms
- Bidirectional measurement and real time failure detection
- Easy fluidic and electrical integration via ¼″-28 flat bottom ports and a standard connector
- Straight, unobstructed flow channel without moving parts
- Media isolated sensing principle: no direct sensor contact with the fluid
- Compact and light-weight form factor
- Chemically resistant wetted materials
- Failure detection and volume confirmation for diagnostics, cell analysis, and analytical instruments
- Process control and monitoring for coating, additive, and reagent dispensing systems
Overview of LG16-xxxx Versions
|Model||Wetted materials||Electrical interface||Flow range (H20) and full scale flow rate (µl/min)||Evaluation kit||Datasheet|
|LG16-0025||Quartz Glass (Fused Silica), PEEK||Standard connector, I2C||1.5||–||Datasheet|
|LG16-0150||Quartz Glass (Fused Silica), PEEK||Standard connector, I2C||7||SLG-0150 eval. kit||Datasheet|
|LG16-0430||Quartz Glass (Fused Silica), PEEK||Standard connector, I2C||80||SLI-0430 eval. kit||Datasheet|
|LG16-0431||Quartz Glass (Fused Silica), PEEK||Standard connector, I2C||80||SLI-0430 eval. kit||Datasheet|
|LG16-1000||Borosilicate Glass 3.3, FEP||Standard connector, I2C||1000||SLI-1000 eval. kit||Datasheet|
|LG16-2000||Borosilicate Glass 3.3, FEP||Standard connector, I2C||5000*||SLI-2000 eval. kit||Datasheet|
*Extended range up to 10000 µl/min
If your product is not here please check our selection guide.
Software and Drivers
- Datasheet LG16 xxxx
- Datasheet SCC1-Analog Sensor Cable
- Datasheet SCC1-RS485 Sensor Cable
- Quick Start Guide Liquid Flow Meter Kit
- Application Note Chemical Resistance
- Application Note Cleaning and Clean Handling
- Application Note Sensor Ports and Tubing Connections
- Application Note for Dispense Volume or Flow Rate Correction (if you are working with different media)
- The LG16 sensors rely on a thermal measurement principle. Therefore, they are sensitive to the thermodynamic properties of the fluid. For details see CMOSens® for Liquid Flow Meters.
- The LG16 Liquid Flow Sensors are 100% factory calibrated, for H2O and IPA. However, they can also be used to measure fluids different from H2O and IPA in terms of thermodynamic properties by choosing the calibration most closely matching your fluid and following the instructions in the Application Note for Dispense Volume or Flow Rate Correction.
- Please see the LG16 datasheet for the specific pin-out of the sensor.
- There are additional operating guidelines and application notes available on request (e.g. on I2C, installation guidelines, …).
- The maximum flow range of the sensor is specified such to achieve a laminar flow at the position of the micro thermal chip. Use tubing and fluidic connection material with at least the same inner diameter as the one of the flow channel.
- Start testing the sensor horizontally mounted. This is the orientation it has been calibrated in.
- The sensor is susceptible to ESD damages. During handling and testing, suitable ESD precautions must be taken.
- After ending your measurements, make sure to always store the sensor’s flow channel clean and dry in order to maintain a high level of performance. This avoids the growth of a biofilm or other deposits which will impact the sensor’s reading the next time. To do so, always drain the fluid, flush with a suitable cleaning agent and blow out with air or allow to air dry.
- For details please see the Application Note Cleaning and Clean Handling
Liquid Flow Meter Kits
For quick and easy measurements with all SLI, SLS, SLG, or SLQ liquid flow meters, the respective flow meter kits can be ordered from our distribution partners. The flow meter kit provides everything you need for plug-and-play setup and is the first choice for initial evaluation of our technology in your application.
Henüz inceleme yapılmadı.